One of my favorite ways of sharing information is putting it into short and fun lists that are easy to read, follow and apply. So, for today’s post, I will be sharing with you a list of DIY life hack tips that you will definitely appreciate! (Be sure to check out our previous list about household hacks and tricks).
Aluminum Foil As A Scrub: If you have remnants of your previous dinner stuck to your baking dish, roll a clean piece of foil into a ball and use it with few drops of dishwashing liquid to scrub glass cookware clean.
Pillowcases As Dusters: Working with one blade at a time, slide an old pillowcase over the blade then slowly draw it back. The result? All the dust and dirt will stay in the pillowcase instead of flying everywhere.
Rubber Gloves As Magnets: Pick up your pet’s fur/hair quickly and easily by running a damp rubber glove over the surface and watch it all cling to the glove.
Coffee Filters As Cloths: Dust your flat screen TV and your computer monitor using a coffee filter for lint-free screens.
Lemon As A Stain Remover: Use lemon juice to remove food stains on your wood or plastic cutting boards. You can also use lemon slices to remove water stains off of stainless steel.
Here are some more quick tips that may take seconds to do yet can make a huge difference:
· When packing, put your shoes in shower caps to keep your luggage contents clean
· Use plastic hangers as a great cord storage tool
· Use a rubber band to remove a stripped screw
· Use an extra shower rod to dry swimsuits and towels or hang shampoo, soap and other shower items
· Keep your kitchen sponges dry and clean using binder clips
· Use empty Pringles cans to store uncooked spaghetti
· Use a standing cheese grater for storing jewelry. You can also hang the grater upside down for a fun way to store pencil colors or paint brushes
· Use empty cereal boxes for organizing your drawers (make sure you make them pretty by coloring or painting them)
· Use clothing pins as earphone holders
· Mount plastic hooks on the kitchen wall to organize your foil, plastic wrap and more
· Use dryer sheets to remove build up on glass
· Use coarse salt to clean cast iron kitchen wear
· In your bedroom drawers, fold your t-shirts and sweaters vertically for more visibility and space