Hallmarks of A Good Handyman
When you are on the look out for a handyman to cater to your home maintenance chores, what are the main factors that determine whether or not he will be a good fit for your needs?
If you are not interested in “Bringing out the Handyman in You”, then this post is definitely for you as I will listing the hallmarks of a good handyman you should keep in mind.
A good handyman has the following:
- A good tack record of the jobs he has done and is ready to share with you recommendations and testimonials.
- A valid legal work permit or residency that allows him to legally work in maintenance.
- The right questions to ask you regarding your home maintenance needs.
- The right tools he will need for the job you hire him to do.
- Good communication skills.
- No pending complaints from others who have hired him.
A good handyman needs to be:
- Committed to deadlines
- Pays attention to details
- Proactive & solution-oriented
What you need to prepare:
- A list of things you need to be fixed around the house
- Your estimated budget
- What guarantees you are expecting
- A contract for agreement on work done vs. payment and payment method
Finally, if you are still hesitant about hiring a freelance handyman, you can always resort to hiring a maintenance company, such as Matic, and put your mind at ease!